Colourful autumn magicwith hardy plants and perennials
In autumn when the days start to get shorter and the first leaves turn their lush green into a golden yellow, orange and brown, you can still do a lot in terms of gardening. At the Gärtnerei Karrer AG in Küsnacht you can now get everything you need for an atmospheric autumn magic in your home, garden, on your balcony or terrace.
Atmospheric autumn planting for balcony and terrace
In addition to cut flowers for your colourful bouquet and plants for having indoor, we also have perennials and hardy plants that you can plant even in autumn. Our offer includes:
- Horned violets (Viola cornuta) – over 20 varieties
- Pansies (Viola x wittockiana) – around 120,000
- Wallflower (Cheiranthus or Erysimum) - in classic yellow and orange or in more modern colours such as copper, purple or red
- Forget-me-not (Myosotis sylvatica)
- Coral bell (Heuchera) - hardy leafy ornamental plants that bloom gently coral, white or pink in summer
- Grasses, japanese Skimmia and Christmas roses - for tubs and troughs
- Snowberry also known as wintergreen and other plants with berries
- Heather family; Calluna and Erica
There are almost unlimited possibilities to combine them in a tub or trough. We have a lot of different hardy plants for a beautiful and colourful variety.
Heather will beautify the autumn in your garden
The special place in the garden, which was mainly granted to the Erica a few years ago, has been upgraded, with a very large selection of Calluna, Heuchera and other specialties.
Just get an idea of the diverse heath plants as well as other flowers and plants from our nursery to beautify your garden or terrace for the autumn!
Plant now flower bulbs to let them bloom in spring
Our tip: Think about the next spring already in autumn!
Did you know that late October and November is the best time to plant bulbs.
You will find a wide selection of bulbs from low-growing plants such as wild tulips, snowdrops, tête-à-tête, grape hyacinths and high-growing tulips, narcissus (daffodils), hyacinths and many more.
We are open all year long!: Our market garden looks forward to inspire you
We would be happy to advise you and provide useful tips on location, planting and more - because excellent service is a matter of course for us and as important as high quality products. Just visit us during the opening hours in our village nursery in Küsnacht near Zurich, Lake Zurich, Gold Coast, Meilen, Pfannenstiel, Zollikon, Zumikon, Erlenbach and Herrliberg (➔ how to get there) and make up your own mind. We look forward to welcoming you soon!